I found this little gem, I Just Need Time to Think!, on Amazon.com and thought on sharing it here because I think it goes along with what this blog advocates and proposes, namely developing a critical and thinking mind, and I believe this little book can be of help in guiding us to develop that habit.
According to the Amazon book review, this book will support us to:
• Slow down in a fast-paced culture
• Replace distractions with peaceful focus
• Adjust schedules for retreat
• Discipline our minds
• Commit to reading
• Promote the vocation of “student”
• Sidestep the obstacles of study
• Continue down the path of learning
• Establish a place to think
• Change the character, the core of our being
…in other words, I really need this.
It’s too bad I’m in the middle of two other books(“Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions” by Gregory Koukl, and “One Way Love: Inexhaustible Grace for an Exhausted World” by Tullian Tchividjian), both so far excellent(and highly recommended!), but it’s already been added to my list and I can’t wait to start reading it.
Click here to go visit the book’s site and check it out for yourself. If you do buy it and read it, please let me know if you liked it.
* Disclaimer: No, I don’t make a cent if you buy it, I’m not affiliated to amazon.com.